Monday 8 April 2013

Summer face with Chanel, Clinique and Sleek

So now the sun has decided to show it's face I thought I would experiment with a  more tanned summer make up look. This features my ebay bargain find of Chanel's illuminating fluid that I nabbed for £15.50 and with an RRP of around £30 I thought that was pretty neat! This post also includes my first impressions of Benefit's They're real! mascara and Clinique's even better make up and sunset glow blush (all stolen from my ma's make up bag!) . It was really hard to try and capture it but here is the finished look;


And here is the make up I used to achieve it, I forgot to include W7's honolulu bronzer.

I will start by saying that last night I slathered on St. Tropez's gradual tanner so that I had a bit of colour to my otherwise pale-as-flour skin. I then used Clinique's even better make up  this is quite a high coverage foundation which I wouldn't normally choose for a summer-look but yet I was really impressed with the way it evened out my skin tone and covered my flaws without looking cakey and thick. I put some extra cover under my eyes where I have huge bags with another Clinique offering, this time in the form of Continuous coverage and extremely high coverage foundation/concealer that I think is initially targeted at covering up scars. I then set this with the yellow shaded powder in my Sleek Au Natural palette to counteract and blue-ness left. I then did some slight contouring with W7's Honolulu bronzer and dusted Clinique's Blushing Blush powder blush (what a mouthful)  in 07 Sunset glow onto my cheeks. A reddish-terracotta bronzey colour with a slight shimmer which compliments a tan (faux or real) perfectly. My Chanel highlighter was carefully dotted along my cheeks to give me a lovely healthy glow which unfortunately doesn't translate to well in the picture, but I love it!  Yet again Clinique found themselves on my lips with their Chubby stick in Fuller fig offering me a my lips but better shade with a moisturising glossy finish. 

I did some very subtle lining and defining in my eyes with a kahki and brown shade from my palette. I then tried Benefit's They're real mascara. With all the hype around this product I was expecting to be blown away, and all though it separates and defines my lashes very nicely it doesn't give me the length which I crave, so maybe one for the naturally long lash-ed of us girls.

So there we are! my first summer-y bronzed look, still needs a bit of tweaking but I am happy with how it came out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment