Tuesday 13 August 2013

Fat free scrummy yoghurt pancakes

So lately I have gotten back on the healthy eating bandwagon, though my downfall is my huge sweet tooth! The other day my house mate mentioned a fat free pancake recipe with just 3 ingredients; fat free yoghurt, porridge oats and eggs! I was sceptical but I'll give anything a try once. The best thing about this recipe is that it is completely fat free and you can change it to suit your tastes, we used Muller fat free vanilla and cherry yoghurt which had a lovely fruity taste, but you can do chocolate or whatever tickles your fancy, then top with whatever you want! Despite my reservations it tasted divine, and I had no need to feel guilty, this is definitely going to be a breakfast/pudding/whenever-i-feel-like-it favourite.

You will need:

1 pot of Muller fat free yoghurt (or one the same size)
55g porridge oats
2 eggs
toppings: whatever you want!

what to do:

The night before mix yoghurt and oats, then pop in the fridge. The next day just add your eggs! The consistency is more like that of thick american pancakes, its easiest to have a few small ones rather than one big one. Just fry for a few mins on either side like you would normal pancake, viola! A fat-free yet scrumptious start to the day.





No comments:

Post a Comment