Friday 2 August 2013

Mini maybelline haul and Review

So yesterday I popped into boots and saw there was a 3 for 2 offer on maybelline products, this seemed like the perfect excuse to pick up some things. I thought I would quickly show you what I bought and what I thought, you can also see them all on my face in a make up look.




Top to bottom: Lipstick, eye shadow stick, colour tattoo.

24 hour Colour Tattoo in Metallic Pomegranate : 

I have wanted to pick up a colour tattoo for ages after seeing them pop up with rave reviews on so many blogs. I was initially drawn to on and on bronze, but thought this russet cranberry shade with gold shimmer would really compliment my green eyes (I think it would look smashing on blue too!). I really love the formulation of this, it is really easy to apply and build and then lasts so well. It was really hard to truly capture the colour on photos, but I hope you get the idea.

Colossal smoky pen in smoky chocolate :

This shadow pencil comes with a built in a smudger and is a lovely consistency for blending and smoking out any eye look. I paired it with the colour tattoo to stop it looking to 'pink eye' and really like the effect. This pencil isn't too soft so you wont completely loose your line when you smudge, I'm pretty impressed. 

Lipstick in Pinky Beige :

So weirdly I can't seem to find this lipstick anywhere online? I think maybe the packaging has been changed because what I can find is in a different bullet. This is a very nice, moisturising and glossy nude lipstick. I picked it up purely to have something to pair with strong eye make up and I think it fits the bill perfectly, not too in your face.


And here is the make up look I created with these 3 products. I kept it quite natural as it was during the day, but it is so easy to smoke the eyes out more for a night time look.



2 comments:

  1. That smokey eye pen looks really cool!the built in smudges is a great idea especially if it works hehe!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one one works really well for me! its annoying when you get one that doesn't really do anything lol x

      Delete