Tuesday 27 May 2014

MAC review: Shy Shine lipstick & Mix and Switch eye shadow duo.


Last week, on the day of her final year meal, my house mate decided she didn't like her dress and had nothing to wear, cue emergency shopping trip! Not only did we find the perfect dress (thank you, Reiss) but we also couldn't resist a pop into the CCO (cosmetic company outlet) store and left with some MAC goodies as well. My friend picked up a gorgeous highlighter, lipgloss and cream eye liner pot, where as I was slightly more restrictive and chose just a lipstick and eye shadow. 


MAC shy shine lipstick MAC mix and switch eyeshadow duo review uk beauty blog

The lipstick I chose was 'Shy Shine' and I think this actually a limited addition, Asia exclusive (that's what I can gather from the internet anyway) but as I managed to find it I am sure you might be able to also.  It is a lustre finish in a  gorgeous peachy-pinky nude, with a very slight shimmer running through it. It is the perfect nude colour for me as normally I end up looking quite washed out! As per usual with MAC lipsticks it has gorgeous scent and feels nice and smooth on the lips. It does slightly cling to dry patches, so it's a good idea to make sure lips are buffed and primed beforehand. It lasts around the 2 hour mark, but you can throw this on without a mirror so touch ups are easy!

MAC shy shine lipstick close up


nude MAC shy shine lipstick swatch

The eye shadow I picked up was the mineralize Mix and Switch duo. This consists of a very warm shimmery rust-orange colour, and a shimmery beige. These shadows look great together and on their own and last amazingly well on me, with no creasing! I am not normally one to go for orangey-y tones on my eyes but I actually really like the way it looks and thinks it brings out the green tones on my eyes. I don't know why but  I reckon it would look lovely on blue eyes also! In this picture I have the lightest colour washed over my lid with the darker softly through my crease, though these can be built up to achieve a much more dramatic effect.

mac orange copper beige shadow duo close up

uk beauty blog

uk beauty blog


MAC make up is pretty expensive but I know I will get so much use out of these products that it is definitely worth it, of course it helps that they were bought at a discount price!

EDIT: So I popped into MAC and had a chat with the assistant and we found that Nikki viva glam 5 is a very near match!

2 comments:

  1. love these products! they look great on

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. you can win £250+ worth of beauty products on my blog if you're interested! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This lipstick looks AMAZING! xxx

    ReplyDelete